We’re 3 hours away from 21 may 2011 coming to an end. For those of you who don’t know this, today was supposed to be the day that the Rapture, so unless Hell is EXACTLY like Earth, nothing happened today! Anyway, I thought it would appropriate to blog about the reasons why I’m happy the Rapture didn’t happen and why I’m not. Enjoy!
1. I get my law degree, provided the Aztecs got it wrong as well (see: 2012), make that provision applicable to all the following points.
2. I still have a chance to go to Rio for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics!
3. I get to spend just that much more time with all my awesome friends and family.
4. I get more time to hope that Arsenal will win a trophy! 😉 and really, now, hope is all one can have, but that’s for another blog post.
5. I get to watch the various movies that are on my list to watch. POTC 4, Sherlock Holmes 2, Hangover 2, HTTYD 2, Madagascar 3 etc…. AND, possibly see the series finales of my favourite shows.
6. I still have a chance to go to Mexico and pass out from over-consumption of Tequila in a “Cantina”.
7. Continuing the spanish theme – still have a chance to go to Spain and live all over South America, possibly become super fluent in spanish as well!
8. See myself get into a kick-ass Masters program and graduate as well.
9. GET MY DREAM JOB AT THE U.N! 😛
10. LAUGH in Rapture believers faces!!! hahahahahaha!
1. Write exams that I’m thoroughly unprepared for. BOOOOO! Thanks a lot Mr. Harold Camping! False hope! (i joke by the way!)
2. Continue to live in a world where there is Rebecca Black, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and whoever else is famous for no deserving reason!
3. NOT BEING ABLE TO FIGHT OFF DEMONS FOR THE NEXT FIVE MONTHS. That would have been totally awesome! Again, Mr. Camping, FALSE HOPE!!! 😛
4. Singledom. Yes, it’s not that important but it bothers me, at the back of my head! 😛
Ok, can’t think of any other regrets about the world NOT coming to an end, which means, it’s COOLER to be alive and on this planet, so I suggest you all Carpe diem (a.k.a seize the day) and we’ll have another end of the world discussion in 2013! 🙂
P.S – Fun fact: Sir Isaac Newton has predicted that the Rapture is going to happen in 2060!